To the ends of the earth
av Torbjørn Greipsland m.fl.
- Forlag: Ventura forlag
- Tilgjengelighet: 48
From Norway and USA to the Ends of the Earth
Thee missionaries experienced sickness, death, kidnapping and murder. But their day to day perseverance gave results. Millions of Christians are the fruit of their work.
• Halvor Ronning’s sister and wife died after a few years as missionaries in China. But the work went on.
• The cry from women in China awakened women in USA. A cotter’s daughter, Elise Fredriksen, became a missionary in China. A boy who once tried to stone her to death became her best co-worker.
• Erik Hansen and Elisabeth Tou – among the toughest of the Norwegian-American pioneers: Capture, looting, house lost in a firere. Elisabeth sat on the roof and sang hymns when the robbers came. Erik left four family graves behind, but the work bore fruit.
• Pioneer missionaries endured hardship, sickness and spells cast on them as they ministered among the Eskimos in Alaska. Oscar (Brune) Brown proposed to a girl he did not know – but she had a call from God go to Alaska.
• Seven members of the Braaten family became missionaries.
• Malla Moe reached thousands including royalty.
• Lars Olsen Skrefsrud made a profound impact onNorwegians in America. But he, as well as many Norwegian-American missionaries sent out from America, have not been given the attention they deserve.
That is is one of the reasons for this book.
IF you want to order this book in the USA - visit: https://norwegianheritage.org/
Or send an e-mail to: Jim Olson email@example.com and he will make it happen!